Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Well My Oh My!

First, let me start off by saying I am completely full of shame. I am embarrassed with myself for not blogging in close to 2 MONTHS! What is wrong with me? That is just ridiculous! I guess let me explain a little of what has been going on (OK, OK...let me make some excuses maybe). I am currently in my second semester of my Master's program (Middle Grades) at Appalachian State University. I absolutely love the program, but have found myself a little preoccupied with it the last two months. I am currently in a curriculum course, and a technology course (probably my favorite two!). Therefore, I have been devoting A LOT of time to those and it definitely took away from my blogging. Also, more personal, my husband and I have recently sold our house (Whoop Whoop). We started thinking of selling and figured we could put it on the market now and have it sold by the end of the school year. Yea Right! Our house was only on the market for 2 DAYS! So, within the last month, our house was put on the market, sold, closed on, and we have moved into an apartment (we are building in York!). So needless to say...my blogging has fallen away.

But never fear! It is the third day back from Spring Break and I am ready to roll. You may get overwhelmed with my goals of blogging for the next few months :)
Before we got out for break, the Dolphins read the novel Touching Spirit Bear. It is a wonderful novel and my students absolutely loved it! We did lots of activities throughout the novel (Check out our Smart Notebook file here!) as well as a final project. I have always done cute little presentation projects for this novel (check out the project selection list). However, this year...I wanted to do better. I found a site that mentioned students creating Book Trailers. Basically movie trailers, but for the novel. I collected some materials, made an information sheet, and rubric, and gave it a try this year. We created the trailers through Animoto and it has definitely been my students favorite program this year. Check out what my students received for their information sheet and then check out some of their amazing work below!







Until the end of this week (when I blog about the fabulous first week back at Cramerton Middle) have a great Wednesday through Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You are back! Sounds like the blog break was well deserved! Amazing student projects too!

    ReplyDelete