Thursday, November 1, 2012

Seasons Come To An End

Well our softball season has officially come to an end. Games are over, practices have finished, pictures have been taken, and uniforms have even been turned in. I have to say that I am beyond proud of the lovely group of girls that I had the pleasure of coaching this season. They have been the most hard-working, determined, and enthusiastic group of players I have had the chance to coach.

We had a wonderful season! Finishing off of Regular Season in second place with a record of 9-1. Only one loss to Chavis Middle School (a great team as well!). That loss was a tough one, losing 10-0...however, we were more prepared and ready the next time we saw them.We made it to the County Playoffs for the first time in my coaching career, and the first time since 2008! We played a tough Belmont team in the first round and pulled it out with a score of 2-1 in 8 innings. They definitely gave us a run and it was a nail biter through the entire game. When we met back up with Chavis in the County Championship, we were ready. We could not have asked to be up against a nicer team. We arrived at Chavis to decorated dugouts and Welcoming signs. They definitely made us feel welcomed at their field. It was also a nail biting game throughout the innings. However, one strong inning from Chavis was all that took us down. We finished 5-0 and second in the county!!

I still get teary eyed thinking about the amazing group of girls we had this season. All of them were so sweet, so in love with the game of softball, and all possessed that drive to get better everyday. We had a blast throughout the entire season and I enjoyed every minute! I will be sad to see the 8th graders move onto High School but wish them nothing but the best...I look forward to next year with my 7th graders as we look to take it one step further next season!





On the ride home from the County
Championship game with our
glowsticks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment